This site will look much better in a browser that supports web standards, but it is accessible to any browser or Internet device.



blog0news


  • O BRASIL EH O QUE ME ENVENENA MAS EH O QUE ME CURA (LUIZ ANTONIO SIMAS)

  • Vislumbres

    Powered by Blogger

    Fragmentos de textos e imagens catadas nesta tela, capturadas desta web, varridas de jornais, revistas, livros, sons, filtradas pelos olhos e ouvidos e escorrendo pelos dedos para serem derramadas sobre as teclas... e viverem eterna e instanta neamente num logradouro digital. Desagua douro de pensa mentos.


    sábado, março 02, 2024

    ZIAD IN GAZA

     I want to use the toilet. I go outside, pass by the many bodies sleeping on mattresses, trying to make the least noise possible. I open the toilet door and I hear some rattling. It is complete darkness, so I turn on the flashlight I had, and see a mouse moving.

    I walk backwards and close the door. For the past four months, I have always done my best to pass through the hallway without looking around, to respect the privacy of the people. For the first time, I look around, trying to locate where Ahmad is sleeping.

    Most people have their faces under their blankets. It is very cold these days. I find Ahmad and he turned his face towards me.

    “Ahmad, wake up.” I whisper.

    “I am awake, don’t worry. Is something wrong?”

    “There is a mouse in the toilet.”

    “OK. Just keep the door closed and someone will deal with it the first thing next morning.”

    I want to yell that I need to use the toilet, and I would never do it with a mouse inside. But I did not want to disturb people. So, I go back to the room and sit on the couch, covering myself with my blanket and wearing all the clothes I have including my jacket. I keep thinking of all the decisions “I took” that I never wanted to.

    I never wanted to leave my apartment, yet I made the decision to leave.

    I never wanted to stop taking my medicine regularly, yet I am doing so.

    I never wanted to wear the things I am wearing now for five days in a row; to eat what I am eating now; to sleep on a couch; to walk for hours to find basic things. But I made the decision to do all of these things.

    I never wanted to let Manara go, but I made the decision to do so.

    I did not want to go back to the room without having to use the toilet, but I went back.

    I really want to have a simple, quiet life in which I am in control of the basic things related to myself. Right now, all I need, desperately, is the freedom to use the toilet.

     

     

    0 Comentários:

    Postar um comentário

    Assinar Postar comentários [Atom]

    << Home


    e o blog0news continua…
    visite a lista de arquivos na coluna da esquerda
    para passear pelos posts passados


    Mas uso mesmo é o

    ESTATÍSTICAS SITEMETER