This site will look much better in a browser that supports web standards, but it is accessible to any browser or Internet device.



blog0news


  • O BRASIL EH O QUE ME ENVENENA MAS EH O QUE ME CURA (LUIZ ANTONIO SIMAS)

  • Vislumbres

    Powered by Blogger

    Fragmentos de textos e imagens catadas nesta tela, capturadas desta web, varridas de jornais, revistas, livros, sons, filtradas pelos olhos e ouvidos e escorrendo pelos dedos para serem derramadas sobre as teclas... e viverem eterna e instanta neamente num logradouro digital. Desagua douro de pensa mentos.


    terça-feira, março 12, 2024

    ZIAD IN GAZA

     I see a man selling one pack of nappies. That is all he has to sell, a pack of nappies. For $73 (£58). Nappies have become a hidden treasure these days. They are scarce and they became super-expensive if you find any. I remember, once, a friend of mine, who had his first baby, telling me about his shock with the many expenses of having a new baby: “Every week, you need to buy a new packet of nappies and a can of powder milk for your child.”

    If parents are expected to get four packs each month, these days this means they need to pay over $280 just to ensure their babies are clean. Some people I know are using cloth pieces, but they say they are not practical at all.

    The list of impossible prices goes on, including sugar. One kilo of sugar used to cost less than $1; last month it reached almost $8-$9; yesterday it was $23.

    A few steps away from the man, I see another guy selling things in the street. His face looks familiar but I couldn’t identify him. Minutes later I realise why. Because I never thought that I would see a law graduate, a top student, in the middle of the street selling cans of beans and peas. I approached him and he looked embarrassed, but I put the biggest smile over my face and told him how happy I was to see him.

    He was out of words and shy, “Well, you know, everyone needs money these days, and right now, practising law is not an option.” He tries to say it in a joking manner. I remember that he was in the final stage of training at a law office before getting the official licence. (In Gaza, after you finish studying law, you need to be an intern for two years before you get the licence to start practising on your own.)

    I told him that I am proud that he is trying his best to feed himself and his family. I bought some cans from him and told him that I wish to see him after this whole nightmare is over.

     

    0 Comentários:

    Postar um comentário

    Assinar Postar comentários [Atom]

    << Home


    e o blog0news continua…
    visite a lista de arquivos na coluna da esquerda
    para passear pelos posts passados


    Mas uso mesmo é o

    ESTATÍSTICAS SITEMETER