This site will look much better in a browser that supports web standards, but it is accessible to any browser or Internet device.



blog0news


  • O BRASIL EH O QUE ME ENVENENA MAS EH O QUE ME CURA (LUIZ ANTONIO SIMAS)

  • Vislumbres

    Powered by Blogger

    Fragmentos de textos e imagens catadas nesta tela, capturadas desta web, varridas de jornais, revistas, livros, sons, filtradas pelos olhos e ouvidos e escorrendo pelos dedos para serem derramadas sobre as teclas... e viverem eterna e instanta neamente num logradouro digital. Desagua douro de pensa mentos.


    segunda-feira, janeiro 29, 2024

    ZIAD IN GAZA

      I go to the tailor to fix a jacket that belongs to a member of our host family. An old man comes in and gives the tailor a pair of boxer shorts. He wants him to make an “inner pocket”. He says: “I am staying in a tent, and I cannot guarantee the safety of any money, no matter how little I have. So I want it to put the money in it.”

    Next to me is a man who shares his story with all of us: he had a shop in Gaza City but now finds himself displaced with his family, with no money left. “I am trying my best to earn some,” he says. “One day, I go cut some wood to sell for people to burn for cooking and warmth. If we get some flour, I take some of it and make pastries to sell.

    “Sometimes I and my children take the water gallons of people and go to a far place to fill them, and they will pay us. We have no option. It is about day-to-day survival.”

    He brought two of his children with him. I ask the first one: “What is your favourite colour?”

    “White.”

    “And your favourite food?”

    His eyes brighten: “Shawarma! I haven’t had shawarma in a very long time.”

    We talk for a while about all the kinds of food we haven’t had in almost three months, then I ask his younger brother: “What do you want to be in the future?”

    “I want to be in school.”

    His father tells me he is supposed to be in the first grade next year; he really wanted the year to pass in order to go with his siblings to school. Then he says: “Now, even the schools are gone.”

    “And what else do you want to do?” I ask.

    “I want to draw. In my home, we had a lot of drawing books and pens, pencils and colouring pens. Here we don’t have anything. I want to play with my toys too.”

    0 Comentários:

    Postar um comentário

    Assinar Postar comentários [Atom]

    << Home


    e o blog0news continua…
    visite a lista de arquivos na coluna da esquerda
    para passear pelos posts passados


    Mas uso mesmo é o

    ESTATÍSTICAS SITEMETER