This site will look much better in a browser that supports web standards, but it is accessible to any browser or Internet device.



blog0news


  • O BRASIL EH O QUE ME ENVENENA MAS EH O QUE ME CURA (LUIZ ANTONIO SIMAS)

  • Vislumbres

    Powered by Blogger

    Fragmentos de textos e imagens catadas nesta tela, capturadas desta web, varridas de jornais, revistas, livros, sons, filtradas pelos olhos e ouvidos e escorrendo pelos dedos para serem derramadas sobre as teclas... e viverem eterna e instanta neamente num logradouro digital. Desagua douro de pensa mentos.


    sábado, janeiro 20, 2024

    ZIAD IN GAZA

    I go to check on my friend who has been hosted by the family of a friend of his. They welcome me and invite me inside. I sit down with my friend, his friend and the family.

    Fifteen minutes into the conversation, at which we discussed the usual (the lack of food, our safety, our fear of the future, etc), the father, a 73-year-old man, started crying.

    “This is not the Gaza that I know. This is not how I wanted to spend the final years of my life. There are tents everywhere. People are begging for money. We are terrified for our lives. This is the biggest test we have ever had.

    “If I die”, he says, “will I have a place to be buried in?”

    His wife tells me about her neighbour, a cancer patient who hasn’t had her medicine in a long while. Such stories are no longer surprising. Her son looks at her and says: “Aren’t we all dying, slowly?”

    On my way out, the father, whom I have met for the first time, asks if he could hug me. I couldn’t be happier. He felt like a father to me. I am grateful for his hug. I needed it.

     Palestinians fleeing Israeli attacks seek shelter in makeshift tents in Rafah. Photograph: Anadolu/Getty Images

     

     

    0 Comentários:

    Postar um comentário

    Assinar Postar comentários [Atom]

    << Home


    e o blog0news continua…
    visite a lista de arquivos na coluna da esquerda
    para passear pelos posts passados


    Mas uso mesmo é o

    ESTATÍSTICAS SITEMETER