This site will look much better in a browser that supports web standards, but it is accessible to any browser or Internet device.



blog0news


  • O BRASIL EH O QUE ME ENVENENA MAS EH O QUE ME CURA (LUIZ ANTONIO SIMAS)

  • Vislumbres

    Powered by Blogger

    Fragmentos de textos e imagens catadas nesta tela, capturadas desta web, varridas de jornais, revistas, livros, sons, filtradas pelos olhos e ouvidos e escorrendo pelos dedos para serem derramadas sobre as teclas... e viverem eterna e instanta neamente num logradouro digital. Desagua douro de pensa mentos.


    quarta-feira, julho 24, 2024

    Biden's rant was downright Nixonian

     

    JEFFREY ST CLAIR

    At a raucous meeting last weekend with House Democrats, Biden shouted down Rep. Jason Crow, the Colorado Democrat, who asked him about the importance of “national security” to Democratic middle-class voters. According to an account by Julia Ioffe in PuckNews, which was not disputed by the White House, Biden blustered: “First of all, I think you’re dead wrong about national security. You saw what happened recently in terms of the meeting we had with NATO. I put NATO together. Name me a foreign leader who thinks I’m not the most effective leader in the world on foreign policy. Tell me! Tell me who did the Pacific Basin! Tell me who did something you’ve never done with your Bronze Star like my son!!…We’ve got Korea and Japan working together! I put AUKUS together! Anyway…Things are in chaos and I’m bringing some order to it. And again, find me a world leader who’s an ally of ours who doesn’t think I’m the most respected person they’ve ever…”

    “It’s not breaking through, Mr. President to our voters,” Crow calmly insisted.

    “You oughta talk about it!” Biden blurted. “On national security, nobody has been I better president than I’ve been. Name me one. Name me ONE! So I don’t want to hear that crap!”

    + As for the weird line about Biden doing “something you’ve never done with your Bronze Star, Crow, a Democrat from Colorado who sits on the Foreign Affairs and Intelligence committees, is a former Army Ranger, who served three tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan and was awarded a Bronze Star for his actions during the Battle of Samawah. Biden, like Trump, received five deferments from the draft during the Vietnam War.

    + There’s something psychologically twisted about Biden diminishing the meaning of his son’s bronze star to promote his own lofty achievements in foreign policy, which largely consist of a nuclear submarine deal with Australia, an internecine bloodbath in Ukraine and a genocide in Gaza.

    + Biden’s rant was downright Nixonian in his hubris and sense of self-importance, though in more garbled syntax than Tricky Dickie ever used, even after a few glasses of wine had twisted his tongue.

    0 Comentários:

    Postar um comentário

    Assinar Postar comentários [Atom]

    << Home


    e o blog0news continua…
    visite a lista de arquivos na coluna da esquerda
    para passear pelos posts passados


    Mas uso mesmo é o

    ESTATÍSTICAS SITEMETER