This site will look much better in a browser that supports web standards, but it is accessible to any browser or Internet device.



blog0news


  • O BRASIL EH O QUE ME ENVENENA MAS EH O QUE ME CURA (LUIZ ANTONIO SIMAS)

  • Vislumbres

    Powered by Blogger

    Fragmentos de textos e imagens catadas nesta tela, capturadas desta web, varridas de jornais, revistas, livros, sons, filtradas pelos olhos e ouvidos e escorrendo pelos dedos para serem derramadas sobre as teclas... e viverem eterna e instanta neamente num logradouro digital. Desagua douro de pensa mentos.


    segunda-feira, março 11, 2024

    ZIAD IN GAZA

     I once read that you are “as old as you feel”. I guess there are no children nor youth left in Gaza if we apply this equation. We have turned into a place of old people waiting silently for a miracle to happen, or for death to select them. Every day, every moment, our souls are getting older.

    The kids have gotten really old recently. Physically, after almost five months of staying with the hosting family, the grandchildren are much taller. But it is not their bodies that grabbed my attention, it is their innocence that I see being stolen from them day after day. They are traumatised, they have lost friends and they haven’t had a normal life in a long time.

    I was on my way out when I saw the youngest grandchild holding a piece of bread in her hands. I asked her if she was going down to see the other kids in the street. “Not until I finish my bread,” she said. “My mother told me that not all children have enough bread. And if I go down and eat in front of them some might feel sad.”

    We both paused for a couple of seconds until she asked: “I do what my mother tells me, but why don’t all children have bread?”

    I stood there, startled by her question. Then, she saved me by adding to her thought: “… and chocolate and potato chips and cotton candy and … ”

    She started counting all the fun delicious things that children eat. Then, a couple of cats came up and she started telling me what each one of them did the previous day. Apparently, one of them approached her sister while she was playing and she patted him.

    I said goodbye to her and left.

     A displaced Palestinian child in Rafah tries to feed herself with food distributed by an aid group, 19 February.  Photograph: Anadolu/Getty Images

    0 Comentários:

    Postar um comentário

    Assinar Postar comentários [Atom]

    << Home


    e o blog0news continua…
    visite a lista de arquivos na coluna da esquerda
    para passear pelos posts passados


    Mas uso mesmo é o

    ESTATÍSTICAS SITEMETER